On Wednesday 9th June 2010 another Parish Open Meeting was held in the Rectory. It was part of a regular communication process in which the parish committees are keen to hear the views of all our parishioners. All those who work on the committees are committed to work for the best interests of the parish. It is good for them from time to time to hear what the parishioners are thinking about our strategy for renewing our parish. Friends and friendly critics are always a blessing in any communityand the Committees are keen to hear your opinions.
Most of the evening was given over to questions and comments. Canon Stuart posed the following two questions to those present and, listed alongside, are the comments provided on the night.
What, for you, are the major issues in our parish in the last year?
1. Communication (Youth)
2. Annual Calendar to Print
3. More events for 20-30 yrs and older parishioners
4. Parish wide events – more inclusive of all groups
5. Sound System
6. Website – ore complete information of events
7. Better connection for volunteers
8. Newsletter distribution – target by email (keep the 12-13 years old)
9. Great growth – numbers and spiritual events
10. Mass numbers higher
Can you please set a POSSIBLE agenda for the Parish for next year?
1. Welcome newcomers
2. Reach out to youth elderly and underprivileged
3. improve commitment to choir, altar boy/girl etc.
4. Growth in adult formation
5. Bar charts in Sept. showing history on revenue, raised and current situation
6. Youth development – less formal education
7. Movie nights for youth and adults – different movies
8. Volunteers – have a point of contact connection people
9. Hymn booklets printed
10. Better use of church space – pugin chapel, chapel on left of altar
11. Better use of confession in pugin chapel
12. Movie night youth
13. Madrid 2011 for Youth - pilgrimages
14. Sound System
15. Pope’s Visit – TV and sound in Thomas More Room/Garden
16. Hospitality to/from around the world
17. Library and piety store
18. Address student group 7:45am outside church
The Clergy and Committees actively wish to solicit your views too.
Please email your own answers or comments on the suggestions above to:
Exposition & Benediction
|The Church is normally open between
0800Hrs and 1800hrs
Site last updated
11 November, 2017